By now you’ve probably heard all about the popular 52-Week Money Challenge that has everyone motivated to stash their extra dough to reach their savings goal. From exotic vacations and high-tech electronics to new cars and much-needed home upgrades; this fun and financially savvy challenge makes a great New Year resolution or a fantastic money decision any time of the year.
So What is the 52-Week Money Challenge?
The 52-Week Money Challenge is a fun way to build your savings account by depositing a pre-determined amount of money every week. Since there are 52 weeks in a year, the clever name of the challenge gives you an idea of how many deposits you will be making into your savings account!
And while there are several ways to complete the 52-Week Money Challenge that each requires different money amounts to be deposited each week; it is certain that you will stash away some extra cash during the year and your savings account will reap the benefits!
How Much Can You Save?
When you go all in and join the 52-Week Money Challenge, you will be rewarded with a whopping $1,378 over the next year. The great thing is that it doesn’t matter when you decide to start the challenge or which of the three methods you choose to complete it – you will still save a nice chunk of change by the end of the year by stepping up and completing the task to reach your financial goal.
Here are some ways to help you earn cash throughout the year to ensure you will have the necessary funds to complete this fun money-saving challenge and relish in the rewards of extra money in just 52 weeks!
5 Ways to Earn Extra Cash
1. Sign up for Research Studies: Earn some extra cash to help out with your money-saving challenge by participating in research studies. Some companies pay up to $400 which will pad your savings account quickly.
- 2. Use a Credit Card: Take advantage of cash-back credit cards for monthly rewards. Choose a credit card that has low rates and benefits like no transfer fees. You can make hundreds of dollars each year with this reward perk as long as you pay off the balance each month to avoid interest.
3. Proofreading: Proofreading is crucial when it comes to writing for an important event. Jump-start your money-saving challenge by working as an online proofreader for work such as admissions essays, resumes, business correspondence, academic papers, writing for publication, and more for extra money.
4. Test Websites and Apps: Feedback on the user experience is important to companies, so they are willing to pay you for your opinion. Simply give them feedback about their websites and apps and easily get paid anywhere from $10 to $60 per test.
5. Become A Transcriber: If you have good listening and accurate typing skills, you can make extra cash by becoming a transcriber. Online transcription jobs can help you save for the 52-week money challenge while listening to an interesting court case or TV report each day.
Once you have decided how you will make some extra cash to fund this popular money-saving challenge, here are some tips to help you make the most out of your newfound income and be successful with your financial goals.
3 Saving Tips to Enhance Your 52-Week Money Challenge Goal
1. Record Your Expenses - Tracking your savings progress using a digital or printed spreadsheet is a savvy money move.
2. Map Out and Time Major Purchases - Paying attention to annual end-of-the-year or holiday sales or planning a major purchase after your income tax refund is in your bank is key to saving money on a regular basis. There are plenty of dollars to be rewarded for the money-saving challenge for savvy planners who map out a plan and time major purchases correctly.
3. Cancel Unnecessary Subscriptions - You might be surprised to learn just how quickly things like movies, cable TV, magazines, clothes subscriptions, and weekly meal plans add up! Try to negotiate a lower cost on these items or limit spending to add extra money to your savings account each month.
Start the Money-Saving Challenge Today!
Are you ready to start saving for a new car, beach vacation, home, or nest egg? Make plans today to accept the 52-Week Money Challenge to help you reach your money goals.
CCCU is always here to help you with all of your banking needs, and that includes saving money to reach your financial goals. We’d love to answer any questions you may have about saving money for your future and invite you to contact CCCU today to learn more about how we can help you reach your savings goals. You can visit any of our branch locations or give us a call at 503.963.6666.